Up to 40% of managers underperform
when changing roles.
We help you beat the statistic!
ELLA, our digital leadership development programme, provides the inspiration and practical tools needed to succeed in the first 100 days of starting in a new management role.
ELLA is based on Best Practice.
Mr T: changing role is risky!
Listen to Mr T as he explains how changing roles is risky.
The value proposition is a no-brainer!
A manager failing in a new role has a direct cost of about 2 years salary. On top of that comes the cost of the team not achieving it’s targets, bad decisions, lost sales, unhappy colleagues etc...
With ELLA you can drastically cut the failure rate. For the cost of a mobile phone, or less, per manager!
ELLA is equally useful for internal transitions as for external recruits.
ELLA is much more than an onboarding programme. It provides real management development. Onboarding is dealt with in 3 of ELLA’s over 30 tools.
The value proposition really is a no-brainer.
What could using ELLA mean for you?
3 types of people are involved when any manager changes role. ELLA provides each type with particular benefits. Which one are you?
Manager in new role
- Your risk of failure in your new role is bigger than you think. ELLA helps you dramatically reduce that risk.
- You are expected to make an impact in your new role. ELLA helps you make that impact more quickly than expected, in 100 days.
- Managers in new roles are normally left to their own devices. ELLA supports you.
- Manager in new roles normally start relatively unprepared. ELLA helps you prepare effectively, when it suits you.
Boss of manager in new role
- You are responsible for the success of your managers. ELLA helps you ensure that your managers make a big impact when changing roles.
- ELLA helps you see where and when you should provide more support to your managers when they change roles.
- ELLA helps your managers achieve those crucial 'early wins' when moving into new roles.
- Managers are often under-prepared when moving into new roles. ELLA helps your managers hit the ground running.
HR function or senior manager
- ELLA helps all managers produce powerful 'early wins' when changing roles. Since about 25% of managers change roles each year, that is a lot of early wins!.
- Early wins contribute directly to the organisation's strategy. ELLA therefore makes a strong contribution to the organisation achieving it's targets.
- ELLA cuts the cost and frustration involved when the norm of up to 40% of managers underperform when changing roles. That is a significant cost saving!
- When managers succeed with their teams when they change roles, with ELLA's help and guidance, you get a happy productive organisation.
How to become the best leader you can be in a new role ...in 100 days
The best you can do is to follow the 5 steps to success.
Start by being Prepared! Most people work to get a new role but then do very little before starting. Why start something so important without preparing properly for it?
If you start prepared, you drive your success by following the other 4 steps:
- Position: you never get a second chance to make that first impression. Make it count. Plan your time. Have things straight in your head. Do the smart things. Use your first 14 days as wisely as possible!
- Unite: Come together with your team. Understand them, their challenges, the team’s strengths and weaknesses. Set targets for short-term targets, cementing your role as the leader of the team.
- Results: achieving short-term results is the best way to ensure success. The team comes together. You shine. Your boss and peers see that you deliver – the right person for the role!
- Expand: with concrete success already demonstrated, you can expand your scope. Look further. Raise the ambition level. Tackle more complication.
Take a simple test to find your risk profile!
By answering some simple questions, you can quickly determine if you are at risk in your transition. The test consists of 7 simple questions based on best practice. You get a concise report right away.
ELLA, and the test, are equally useful for internal transfers as for external recruits.
ELLA is packed with helpful tools and videos
Each of the 5 steps to success in 100 days consists of a set of tools. These tools structure the work you would need to do anyway.
2 examples are listed below:
Understanding your role
Understanding your role in Prepare phase: Wouldn’t it be good if you had some solid insight into what your targets should be, your organisation’s strategy, and what customers or users want of you…before you start?
Videos guide you through key questions that unlock the insight you need to start right.
Keep track of your progress on a weekly basis. Are you doing the things that ensure your success?
There are 4 drivers you need to manage:
- Learning: the speed with which you learn determines whether you will succeed or fail
- Relationships: are you developing enough strong, trust-based relationships?
- Achievements: did you achieve anything concrete this week?
- Motivation: are you still excited about the role?
Evaluating yourself on a weekly basis also helps you see your first 100 days as a project. That’s the right mind set!